The Islamic Monthly is an independent, nonreligious, US based publication that fosters public discussion on a broad range of issues and concerns related to all societies in the modern world. The magazine was launched in January 2011, following the legacy of its successful predecessor Islamica Magazine, in an effort to create a forum for the free exchange of ideas, perspectives and opinions. We, at The Islamic Monthly, do not seek to be the sole voice of Islam or the Muslim community. Rather, the magazine is part of an ongoing experiment of a free Muslim press eager to build on the rich tradition of public discourse found in Islamic and Western history. We firmly believe that an honest discourse is only possible when we open ourselves to response, criticism, feedback and debate. In this spirit we invite our readers, supports and critics to participate in this process.
Between War and Conflict
|Rima Fakih, winner of 2010 Miss USA speaks about her life for the first time|
Recent Comments on TIM
- O. Locke on The Best Place in the World to be a Muslim: America or Europe?
- rebecca fred on Deconstructing the Hijabi Bride: Even Islam in America is Hegemonic
- SPEECHFREEDOM1976 on Only Extremism Breeds Extremism
- Guacamole jam on Only Extremism Breeds Extremism
- Guacamole jam on The Best Place in the World to be a Muslim: America or Europe?
About The Islamic Monthly
The Islamic Monthly (TIM) is an independent, nonreligious, U.S. based hybrid print and digital publication that fosters discussion on a broad range of issues and concerns related to the modern world. The magazine launched in January 2011 in an effort to create a forum for the free exchange of ideas, perspectives and opinions. TIM is part of an ongoing experiment of a free press eager to build on the rich tradition of public discourse found in throughout history. We firmly believe that an honest discourse is only possible when we open ourselves to response, criticism, feedback and debate. In this spirit, we invite our readers, supporters and critics to participate in this process.
We take the greatest pride in being an entirely independent magazine, associated with no organization, government, group or religious ideology or political agenda. We are a labor of love, grassroots, homegrown American movement started by a group of incredibly talented, award winning journalists eager to engage with the world through thoughtful and well written long form journalism pieces. We provide no lens or filters by which news is conveyed, but rather offer insightful social, political and cultural commentaries limitless in topic by writers of all backgrounds. Our work is supported through our own revenue generating sources and through individuals who support independent media while recognizing that their contributions do not impact our editorial direction. We remain transparent in all our funding, our donors are always listed on our about page.
We invite submissions. Please email: editor [at] theislamicmonthly.com
TIM Recent Posts
- New Forms of Religion and Conflict in the Middle East
- My husband, interrogated by U.S. agents and missing
- ISIS Propaganda and How to Counter It
- When Arkansas Muslim Prisoner Wins A Case, It Adds to Legal Legacy
- To Be Muslim in a Time of Terror
- An Orientalist Account of the U.S. Reaction to American Sniper
- The Double Standard on the Muslim Community
- Cartoonists React to Charlie Hebdo
- Of mice and Muslim psychoses
- Charlie Hebdo and Kang Xi